To obtain a new residential construction permit form, follow these steps.
- Review the N.M.C.I.D. Guide for Residential Construction (PDF) and complete the Multi Purpose State Building Application (PDF)
- Complete the Flood Map Information Request Form (PDF). Remember to prepare separate FEMA site plan. (Sample FEMA site plan (PDF)) This is in addition to the Building site plan.
- Complete the zoning analysis form (PDF). Include documentation of any variance or rezoning.
- Complete the City's Ordinance plan review checklist (PDF) and make sure those items appear on all three site plans included with your original plans. These site plans are separate from the FEMA site plan and require different information; (Sample Building site plan (PDF)) A copy of your survey or improvements survey is sufficient documentation for site plan submittal.
- Complete the Homeowner's Responsibility Form (PDF) as required by N.M.C.I.D.
- Bring 2 complete sets of plans AND items Number 2 to 5 above to the Planning and Zoning Department at City Hall for submission. Incomplete or partial submissions will not be accepted.
- Fees are due at the time of submission. Fees are payable to City of Alamogordo FEMA determination is $85 and zoning review is $75. One check for both is acceptable. These fees do not include State C.I.D. fees.
- When plans are approved, they will be emailed. Unless otherwise instructed by applicant.
- You may then submit the plans to any of the offices listed at the top of the State permit application.
Please note that any missing documentation or packet not completed entirely will be returned to the applicant. This will result in a delay in processing your permit application. If you have any questions, we can be reached at 575-439-4220.